Does the idea of a log cabin appeal to you? An old-time, rustic cabin crafted from peeled spruce logs, with a couple of good-sized rooms and those quaint little windows.
No electricity or running water, just coal oil lamps and a woodstove and water pail.
Experience the good old days in Elmer Thomsen's log cabin, where you'll:
- See pioneer furniture, domestic devices, and bathroom facilities
- Learn where family members ate, slept, and played
- Find out:
- What daily chores had to be done
- How Elmer's wife stoked up the woodstove, made bread, traditional Danish delicacies, soap and candles
- Feel the cabin's vibes. Happiness, heartbreak, or romance?
Explore the Thomsen cabin. Then ask yourself––could I live here?
When you visit:
- Find: The bathtub
- Stump our Guide: How did Elmer prepare the logs?
- Solve the Mystery: How do you check the oven temperature?
- In our Gift Shop: Locally-crafted wooden items, imported Danish delicacies, and more